Five of our fifteen TNT swimmers who competed at the 2015 June Age Group Invitational in Ventura over the June 18-21 weekend scored in their individual events this summer. Twelve year old Danielle Albright placed in each of the six evets she entered, and became the event champion in the 50 meter breaststroke where her time of 36.52 was a new team record, breaking Mallory Korenwinder’s record of 36.94 that was set at the Zones in Hawaii in 2009 when Mallory was 11 years old. Danielle’s new record currently stands as the 30th fastest nationally for girls at age 12. Danielle was the runner up in the 100 meter breaststroke, and her time of 1:19.65 once again went under Mallory Korenwinder’s team record that was set at the Merced meet in 2011. This time ranks 32nd nationally, and was the second of only two team records broken over the weekend. Danielle also finished 2nd in the 200 IM (2:36.34), 5th in the 200 free (2:20.42), 7th in the 11-14 200 breaststroke (2:55.69), and 11th in the 400 free (5:00.34).
Our next highest point getter was Selma’s 12-year old male counterpart, Jackson Huckabay who finished both in both the 200 free (2:19.49) and 50 free (29.86). He had an 8th place finish in the 50 fly (33.15), and a 10th place finish in the 400 freestyle (5:02.92) event. Jackson also scored in all six events he competed in, and he finished his scoring performance with a 12th place finish in the 100 free (1:06.47) and 14th place finish in the 200 IM (2:43.76).
Other scoring performances came from Visalia’s 13-year old, Janessa Bringe, who finished 13th in the 11-14 400 IM (5:37.57), and 14th in the 11-14 200 fly (2:38.07), along with her training partner, 11-year old Layla Flores who finished 8th in the 11-12 50 breaststroke (40.50) and 13th in the 11-12 100 breaststroke (1:29.97) events. Peyton Costa was our only other point getter, and like Layla, while on the bottom of the age group, finished 15th in the 11-12 100 backstroke (1:19.40), and 16th in the 11-12 50 backstroke (37.22) events.
Our other competitors, along with their highest placed event, included:
- Alonso Escobedo (age 15): 22nd in the 15-over 200 back (2:25.64)
- Tristan Gaines (age 18): 26th in the 15-over 1500 free (20:00.53)
- Mackenzie Garza (age 13): 17th in the 13-14 50 free (29.46)
- Gage Price (age 11): 31st in the 11-12 100 fly (1:24.42)
- Garrison Price (age 14): 44th in the 11-14 200 back (2:49.21)
- Katherine Sullivan (age 13): 19th in the 11-14 400 IM (5:46.47)
- Benjamin Wheeler (age 12): 18th in the 11-12 100 back (1:20.23)
- Alexa Wong (age 9): 22nd in the 7-10 50 fly (39.74)
- Blake Wong (age 16): 31st in the 15-over 100 breast (1:16.00)
- Bryan Wong (age 11): 19th in the 11-12 50 breast (42.24)